2009 Bastille Days w/niece

Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Boot Camp & Run

My running schedule today was to run 6 miles at a nice easy pace with a 3 min surge every 15 min. I had a hard time keeping my heart rate down especially bringing it back down after the 1st 3 min surge. I walked for a little bit to bring my heart rate down but when I started running again it went back up too far so I skipped the rest of the surges. I also only had enough time to do 5 miles before boot camp so I did the last mile after boot camp. Not sure what has been going on with me lately. I know the difficulty in exercise is mostly due to poor nutrition. I seem to have lost my motivation to eat healthy lately even though I know I am suffering because of it. I have been working very long days and not having time to get everything done and I am just too tired most days to make dinner so we have been getting take out a lot these past few weeks. My body hates it and that really needs to change. Breakfast and lunch and snacks are good and healthy but dinner has been horrible. At least these long work hours will not last too much longer and my life can get back to normal. In the meantime I really need to have a dinner plan so I don't emotionally eat.

I also need to figure out how to fit in running with boot camp. I love the boot camp class and I love running and I know I should alternate the days but I have been so busy lately that I have a hard time fitting in the running on alternate days so I have to do it on the boot camp days for at least another week or two. If I run first I have a hard time doing the boot camp class. If I do boot camp first I feel dead for the run. I tried splitting up the running around the boot camp class and that seemed to work best but it was still really hard to run after the class.

All in all today was rough. I had a hard time running. I felt like I might puke up dinner during my run. Boot camp was rough but it is supposed to be. Then my legs were tired for the last mile after boot camp but at least I was feeling a little better for that run.

No comments:

Post a Comment