2009 Bastille Days w/niece

Saturday, March 13, 2010

Blarney 5k

I ran my 3rd 5k today - the Blarney 5k. I started out at the end of the pack which I think was a mistake. It was extremely slow the first half mile with all of the people. It was so packed I could not pass anyone. Then it thinned out for a while but got packed again when we hit the bridge going over the freeway. I also walked both water stops and had water even though I felt like I did not need it. There was a hill at the end and I actually passed people on the hill. I usually do not run many hills - which I need to add more in to my training. The hills were actually kind of fun. But then again I love challenges. My time at the end was 29:15 which surprised me since I had a slow start a slow middle and walked the water stops. Plus it was not chipped timed and I started at the end of the pack. It was only my 3rd 5k but 29:15 is a PR for me!!!

1 comment:

  1. Way to go on the PR! You broke 30 minutes, which is an awesome achievement! Keep up the great running!

    ReplyDelete